Goa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip Planner
Goa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip PlannerGoa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip Planner
Goa Voyages, Goa Tours, Goa Tourism, Goa Tour Packages, Goa Trip Planner Home - About Us - Honeymoon Tour - Email - Contact Us

Goa Beaches
Anjuna Beach
Baga Beach
Calangute Beach
...more
Goa Holiday Packages
Goa Trips
Goa Beach Tour
Exotic Goa Vacation
...more
Churches of Goa
St. Francis Of Assisi
St. Francis Xavier
Se Cathedral
...more
Goa Tourism
Arts & Crafts
Cities of Goa
Dances
...more
Goa Festivals
Bonderam Festival
Christmas
Feast Of Three Kings
...more
Hotels in Goa
5 Star Hotels in Goa
4 Star Hotels in Goa
3 Star Hotels in Goa
Budget Hotels Goa
Goa Voyages :: Churches of Goa


Chapel Of St. Francis Xavier
Behind the gate of St. Paul's college is a Kuchcha road branching off the main road, leading to the chapel of St. Francis Xavier. It is built of laterite plastered with lime mortar, with tiled roof supported by wooden rafters is a plain chapel with only one altar.
Click Here to View Details


Church Of the Carmelites
Nothing remains of the Church of the Carmelites excepting the façade and a raised pavement, which served as an altar. Its location is to the southeast of the Church of St. Cajetan and is on a hill more or less contiguous to the hill on which the Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount stands.
Click Here to View Details


Se Cathedral
The Portuguese Viceroy Redondo commissioned the Se, or St. Catherine's' Cathedral, southwest of St. Cajetan's, to be "a grandiose church worthy of the wealth, power and fame of the Portuguese who dominated the seas from the Atlantic to the Pacific".
Click Here to View Details


The Chapel Of Our Lady Of The Mount
As one proceeds, about 2-km on the main road towards Ponda, a Kuchcha road branches off towards north at a place where a cross is fixed. The road leads to a hill on which, commanding a picturesque view, is the Chapel of Our Lady of the Mount.
Click Here to View Details


The Chapel Of St. Catherine
Further to the west of the Church of St. Francis of Assisi is the chapel of St. Catherine. Built of laterite blocks it has a tower on either side of the façade. The chapel in the interior, having only one altar is plain.
Click Here to View Details


The Church And Convent Of St. Monica
In the Holy Hill, on the way to the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary , is a huge three-storeyed building of laterite which was originally lime-plastered but is now plastered with cement. It is square on plan with a large inner courtyard, around which is a cloistered verandah and numerous cells and halls. The vaulted ceilings in some of the halls are tastefully painted with floral decorations and scenes from the Holy bible.
Click Here to View Details


The Church Of Our Lady Of The Rosary
Not far to the west of the Basilica of the Bom Jesus is the Holy Hill at the extremity of which is the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary. Built of laterite and plastered with lime mortar, it has a two-storeyed portico. The portico as well as the façade of the church has rounded towers on either side with the cross on top. The roof of the church is tiled, supported by wooden rafters.
Click Here to View Details


The Church Of St. Cajetan
Opposite the Se Cathedral, beyond the road is the large and beautiful church of St. Cajetan built of laterite blocks, which were lime plastered. The façade, having two towers on either side to serve as belfry, has Corinthian columns and pilasters supporting a pediment, and four niches in which are kept the statues of the apostles.
Click Here to View Details


The Convent And Church Of St. Francis Of Assisi
To the west of the Se Cathedral is the former palace of the Archbishop that connects the Se Cathedral to the Convent and Church of St. Francis of Assisi. The structure is built of laterite blocks and is lime-plastered. The church faces west and has a nave with three chapels on either side, a choir, two altars in the transept and a main altar. To the north of the main altar is a belfry and a sacristy. The convent, which forms an annexure to the church, now houses the Archaeological Museum.
Click Here to View Details


The Convent And The Church Of St. John Of God
Situated to the east of the tower of St. Augustine it is a plain looking building constructed in the beginning of the 18th century. The convent was abandoned in 1835. The Society of the Misericordia occupied it for some time.
Click Here to View Details


The Convent And The Church Of The Cross Of Miracle
On the southern outskirts of Old Goa is a hill on which stand this convent and church. Built of laterite, plastered with lime mortar, the plain looking church and the single storeyed convent with numerous cells are now in ruins. A church, specially built in 1619 to house the Cross of Miracles, having crumbled, the present church was built on the same spot in 1674.
Click Here to View Details


The Professed House And The Basilica Of Bom Jesus
Immediately to the south of the main road is the Professed House, a two-storeyed laterite building covered with lime plaster. Despite the opposition, which the Jesuits faced, the building was completed in 1585. A part of the building was accidentally burnt down in 1663 and was rebuilt in 1783.
Click Here to View Details


The Royal Chapel Of St. Anthony
To the west of the tower of St. Augustine is the Royal Chapel dedicated to St. Anthony, the national saint of Portugal and held in great veneration by the Portuguese. It was built in the beginning of the 17th century.
Click Here to View Details


Tower Of The Church Of St. Augustine
Built in 1602, the only ruin of the Church of St. Augustine on the Holy Hill at Old Goa near the Nunnery, is a lofty 46-metre high tower defying the torrential rains. The tower is one of the four of St. Augustine Church that once stood there. There were eight richly adorned chapels and four altars, and a convent with numerous cells and artistic columns attached to the church.
Click Here to View Details

Goa Holiday Packages Beach of Goa Goa Tourism Churches of Goa
» Goa Trips
» Goa Beach Tour
» Exotic Goa Vacation
...more
» Anjuna Beach
» Baga Beach
» Calangute Beach
...more
» Arts & Crafts
» Cities of Goa
» Dances
...more
» St. Francis Of Assisi
» St. Francis Xavier
» Se Cathedral
...more
Hotels in Goa
5 Star Hotels in Goa
4 Star Hotels in Goa 3 Star Hotels in Goa Budget Hotels Goa
» Hotel Taj Exotica
» Leela Palace Hotel
» Bambolim Beach Resort
...more
» Dona Sylvia Resort
» Taj Holiday Village
» Club Mahindra
...more
» Aldeia Santa Rita
» Whispering Palms Beach Resort
» Sonesta Inns
...more
» Alor Holiday Resort
» Heritage Village Club
» Hotel Manvins
...more
Home - About Us - Honeymoon Tour - Email - Contact Us
Featured Sites: Rajasthan Wedding :: Golden Triangle Tours :: Delhi Travel Guide :: Rajathan Tour Packages :: Rajasthan Festivals :: Rajasthan Travels ::
:: Hotels in Delhi :: Trips to India ::
All Rights © Goa Voyages
Designed Developed & Promoted by Radix Technologies

Member of Trade Hub India